Today we will help you out to know about some awesome and interesting facts about Ukraine, you will be amazed after reading these interesting facts about Ukraine.
Interesting facts about Ukraine
- The first constitution in the world to have been officially recognized was the work of a Ukrainian statesman, Pylyp Orlyk. The constitution was introduced immediately after his election as Hetman of the Zaporozh troops on April 15, 1710, that is to say, 77 years before the promulgation of the constitution of the United States of America.
- In 1934, during a linguistic competition held in Paris, Ukrainian was designated as one of the three most beautiful languages in the world (the other two being French and Persian).
- Built 105 meters deep, Arsenal’na station, located in Kiev, is the deepest underground station in the world.
- The heaviest piece of silver in the world is in Ukraine. The coin, named “10 years of the revival of the hryvnia”, was manufactured for the first time in 2006 and weighs exactly one kilogram.
- The uniform of Ukrainian schoolgirls, a black knee-length cotton dress embroidered with pieces of white cloth, looks remarkably like the costumes of French maids that can sometimes be seen in disguised parties.
- One of the most famous pieces of the Kiev Miniature Museum is a life-size chip that wears golden shoes. This mini gold insect was designed by Mykola Syadrysty, a very talented Ukrainian craftsman.
- Ukrainian breads, which are often served with mayonnaise, accompany all meals of the day.
- In Ukraine, card games are strictly forbidden for Christians.
- One of the greatest Russian writers, Mikhail Bulgakov, said Kiev was the most beautiful city in the world.
- The small town of Rakhiv is the geographical center of Europe.