Today we will help you out to know about some awesome and interesting facts about Russia, you will be amazed after reading these interesting facts about Russia.
Interesting facts about Russia
- Russia alone covers 1 / 7th of the world’s territory.
- There are 2000 bookstores, 100 concert organizations, more than 80 theaters, 62 cinemas, 45 art galleries, 221 museums and 80 night clubs grouped together in the city of St. Petersburg alone.
- Petersburg hosts more than 100 arts and cultural festivals a year, of which at least 50 are international events.
- Contrary to popular belief, Russia, not the United States, was the first nation to send a man into space (the United States sent the first man on the moon).
- The sale of vodka represents 10% of the overall income of the Russian government.
- A quarter of the fresh water of our planet is contained in Russia’s lakes.
- Kliuchevskoy volcano is for its size the most active volcano in the world. It rises to 4750 meters in height.
- The country is considered the “lung of Europe” because it has the largest forest reserve in the world.
- Tsar Kolokol, visible in the Moscow Kremlin, is the largest bell in the world. It is 6.14 meters high and weighs 160 tons.
- In Russia, the number of women exceeds the number of men by 10 million!