10 Interesting facts about Egypt

Held in Egypt has long been a holiday for a usual Russian thing that does not cause a drop in the surprise. But here it is Egypt itself, the ancient and mysterious country, capable of surprising even the most seasoned travelers. Therefore, we offer you the most  information and interesting facts about Egypt.

Eearly all the territory covered by the desert of Egypt 95%, and for the populations only fit the remaining 5% of the country.

10 Interesting facts about Egypt

  • The Big Bear constellation was called Hippopotamus in ancient Egypt.
  • The women of ancient Egypt wore perfumes, not on the skin, but in solid cones which they placed on their heads.
  • Beer and bread were among the most popular products in ancient Egypt.
  • The people of ancient Egypt loved beer so much that their term for celebration literally translates to “beer house”.
  • The Egyptians believed that fried mice could cure tooth ache.
  • The Christian cross was inspired by the Egyptian symbol ankh, or ancestral cross.
  • Contrary to popular belief, the most popular domestic animal in ancient Egypt was not the cat but the dog, simply because cats were considered too extraordinary to be animals of ordinary people.
  • The flute was the only wind instrument used in ancient Egypt.
  • The Great Pyramid of Giza, the tomb of Cheops, was considered the largest infrastructure in the world until the construction of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Cheops, to whom is dedicated the largest pyramid of Egypt is also the model of the smallest Egyptian statue ever discovered: an ivory statuette about 7.5 cm high representing the Pharaoh.

Most Popular

To Top