When you are planning a travel adventure, packing the right essentials is key to having a comfortable and enjoyable experience. One of the most important items to bring on any trip is a pair of sunglasses.
Sunglasses not only protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, but they can also enhance your look. Finding a pair that is stylish, functional, and comfortable is essential to make your trip more enjoyable. Below, we have mentioned some things you can consider to buy a comfortable pair of sunglasses for your trip.
1. Choose the Right Lenses
When it comes to choosing the right lenses for your sunglasses, there are several factors to consider. The first is protection from UV rays. You must find a pair of sunglasses that offer 100% UV protection. Also, make sure that the lenses are polarized to reduce glare.
Additionally, consider the tint of the lenses you’re interested in. The darker tints can reduce brightness and improve comfort when you are outdoors.
If you’re planning on doing a lot of activities in the sun that involve reflection, you may want to consider mirrored lenses, as they will provide extra protection from the sun’s harmful rays. In this regard, Carrera sunglasses provide a wide range of mirrored lenses that protect you from direct UV light.
2. Consider Frame Material
Frame material plays a significant role when it comes to choosing sunglasses for travel. Frames made of plastic, metal, or wood can offer different levels of comfort and protection. Also, these frames are lightweight, flexible, and affordable.
Moreover, metal frames tend to be more durable and offer more stability than plastic. Wooden frames, on the other hand, are stylish but can be heavy and can cause irritation on your skin over time. Before making a purchase, try on different frame materials to determine which feels most comfortable on your face.
Additionally, make sure that the frame material is lightweight and has a flexible design. Doing so will ensure that the sunglasses stay comfortable during long days of traveling.
3. Pay Attention to Arms
The arms of the sunglasses are just as important as the frames and lenses. Make sure the arms are adjustable, flexible, and lightweight. This will ensure that your sunglasses fit perfectly and comfortably on your face and won’t slip off while you’re out walking or doing other activities.
Look for rubberized tips or nose pads, which add to the comfort of the glasses and help keep them in place. Pay close attention to the arms when you’re trying on sunglasses at a store.
However, if you are choosing to shop online, make sure to buy from a reliable platform like Vision Direct to ensure that you get the most comfortable pair for your next travel adventure.
4. Consider the Extras
Don’t forget to consider the extras when considering buying sunglasses for travel. These extras can make your sunglasses even more comfortable and enjoyable to wear.
For example, consider a case for your sunglasses. A case will help protect your glasses from scratches, dust, and dirt while traveling.
Also, if you’ll be traveling to multiple places with different climates, you might want to consider buying interchangeable lenses. That way, you can have one pair of sunglasses that works in all environments.
No matter what kind of frame you’re looking for — classic metal aviators to trendy acetate frames — there’s something out there in every price range! Shop around at different retailers (both online and local) to compare prices until you find a pair within your budget—while still getting quality protection against UV light and ensuring maximum comfort while traveling.
Types of Sunglasses for Travel
- Full-frame glasses provide complete coverage of the eye area with lenses surrounded by a frame. This type is usually the best choice for extreme outdoor sports or activities in bright sun or windy weather.
- Half-frame glasses have no top rim with just an arm extending below the lens on each side to hold them in place. These are perfect for more casual wear, providing good coverage while staying lightweight.
- Shield sunglasses cover most of the face with large lenses surrounded by frames in a wrap-around design that blocks out peripheral light from reaching both eyes simultaneously. They are often preferred by athletes and other outdoor recreationists due to their excellent sun protection capabilities combined with light resistance, even in windy conditions.
- Sports sunglasses are designed specifically for physical activities such as running or biking and feature lightweight but sturdy frames that won’t slip off during activity or get in the way when looking through them as you sweat or run air moves quickly past your face.
- Wrap-around sunglasses provide excellent coverage from harmful rays while having a comfortable fit due to their curved shape which hugs your face closely when worn snugly on your temples and forehead area while allowing an unobstructed peripheral view around you as you look through them.
How to Care for Your Sunglasses
Once you have chosen appropriate sunglasses for your trip, there are a few simple rules you can follow while on the go in order to best care for them:
- Keep sunglasses in a hard case when not in use. This will protect lenses from dirt and scratches, and will also prevent them from getting crushed if the case is dropped or bumped during travel.
- Avoid exposing your glasses to extremes of temperature, as this can cause lens distortion and damage over time.
- Be careful when cleaning your lenses by using only lens-specific solutions or soft cloths/microfibers specifically designed for cleaning eyewear. Chemical cleaners should never be used on lenses as these can cause damage that isn’t immediately visible until it’s too late.
- If accidentally dropped, gently bend the frames back into shape (if possible). If they seem out of shape or broken after being dropped, it may be best to seek professional repairs rather than try to fix them yourself.
With these considerations in mind, you’ll be sure to find a pair of sunglasses that are comfortable, stylish, and protective. And you won’t have to worry about them slipping off your face or having to take them off every few minutes due to discomfort.
So, make sure to follow them whenever you are in the market or on online platforms to find yourself a pair of sunglasses that are perfect for a luxury travel experience.