Counter Strike, also known as CS:GO, is one of the most popular shooting games in the whole world, this is more than a competitive action game. If you don’t know anything about it yet, keep reading because people are willing to pay big amounts of cash or cryptos like Bitcoin just to buy a cool skin for their weapon.
Do you want to be one of these lucky users? Let’s look at our trading CS:GO skin short guide for beginners by our expert writers.
What Is CS:GO Trading?
CS:GO skins are basically a different design overlay on the player’s gun, giving it a special color and look, depending on the rare type of these skins, the price in the market of CS:GO sites or Casinos will be higher.
How to Trade CS:GO Skins
Don’t worry if you don’t have any idea how to start in the CS:GO skins trade business, our expert writers prepared a short quick guide about how to make your first CS:GO skins trade.
- Choose a CS:GO trading site: Find one with an official license and a good reputation online. You can look at our best 15 CS:GO skin trading websites.
- Create a Steam account: Just enter the Steam official website, click on “Join Steam”, then create your account using your email and personal data.
- Find out steam market rules: It is important to know that the CS:GO skin trading market operates with the supply and demand function, this means that a skin price will be affected by their quality, rarity, and even popularity.
- Select the website’s CS:GO catalog: Before any trade, look at the website’s CS:GO trading page. This will give you an idea of the kind of items you could get if you complete the trade.
- Select items & skins from the inventory and choose the items you want to trade: On the trade page, you need to have to select the items you will change. You will see filters like type, budget, colors, float, phase, and rarity will be available.
- Complete the trade and get new skins or real money from your CS:GO trade: Once you confirmed the trade, the money or the new skins will be available in your account.
How to Choose the Best CS:GO Trading Site?
There are plenty of options to make your CS:GO trades on the internet, the problem is finding a good website in which you can trust and trade safe. This happens because you can find scams sites, to avoid it, our expertise writers prepared some criteria you need to have in mind:
- Actives users, top trades, and year active: You can also look at all the users on the website and the lifetime changes made on the website. The years active of the platform is also good information to know.
- Good reviews: Some users of the community can rate positive a CS:GO trading platform, if the website has positive opinions about their experience, it should be safe and secure.
- Customer support: Customer support should be available 24/7, and you could contact them in many ways like live chat or chat.
- Commissions: All the CS:GO skins trade sites earn money with commission payments, a trusted site shouldn’t charge more than 5%.
Market Analysis and Research
As we discussed before, the CS:GO skin trade market operates with the principles of supply and demand. But there are too many factors that can make the price of a skin rocket to the sky or fall to the ground, so every user should do a market analysis and research before the trade.
Even if you buy good skin today for a high price, in the next week the price could rise more than 10%. You need to follow every new tournament, campaign, promotion, and even game update. All these things can affect the overall price of skins in the market.
Understanding Skin Rarity
To understand more about the Global Offensive market, it is important to know about all levels of skins rarity available. If the item is a typical rarity level it will be cheap, but if it is a very rare level, you will have a gold mine in your hands. Know more about the skin rarity in the following lines:
- Common (Gray color): These items are the most common; you can find them easily and cheaply.
- Uncommon (Blue Color): In the case of Uncommon items, they could appear easily in some boxes and for an accessible price in the market.
- Rare (Dark blue color): The dark blue items are the rare ones; prices will be higher in the market because they are more difficult to find.
- Mythical (Purple color): Mythical items or also called restricted items are very rare to find out, their prices could be more than $1,000 in the market easily.
- Legendary (Pink color): Legendary items in the market are absolutely high prices, these skins are also known as classified and are very hard to find.
- Ancient (Red color): Ancient or covert items are extremely rare to find, their prices are over $5,000 on the market.
- Immortal (Yellow color): These contraband items are only sometimes available in the market because they are very difficult to claim.
Understanding CS:GO Skin Float Value
Every skin in the CS:GO market comes with its unique condition, this is also called float value, which is determined by numbers between 0 and 1. If a weapon’s skin is 0, this means that the skin’s condition is perfectly fine. In case the weapon skin is lower than 0, their condition losses quality.
These are the skin float value level available:
- Battle-Scarred (0.45 – 1.00): This means that its quality is totally deteriorated. This is the most common float value you can find.
- Well-Worn (0.38 – 0.45): In this kind of weapon, you could see how it is deteriorating. Even if the skins still look great, the price in the market will low than expected.
- Field-Tested (0.15 – 0.38): You can see scratches or discoloration. Even so, players used to buy or sell these kinds of skins at good prices in the market.
- Minimal Wear (0.07 – 0.15): It’s hard to find some scratches in the weapon skin, even is not perfect, they look very nice and cool in most cases.
- Factory New (0.00 – 0.07): This is the best quality of the skins that you can obtain, weapons skins look perfect while you are playing and, obviously, are the most expensive on the market.
Figure Out the Trading Techniques
There are some strategies that you can use in the CS:GO market to make the best profit possible, in the next section we will explain the best techniques that you can use:
- The “Flipping”: This basic technique is about buying skins at a low price and a few moments later selling it slightly higher.
- “Sniping”: This technique means that you should have to do a profitable deal that only appears in some moments instantly.
- “Buy Low, Sell High”: Like your own name, you can buy a weapon skin at a low price and then sell it at a higher price.
- The “Trading Up”: This professional technique is about trading successfully some skins of lower prices for only one higher price skin and best worth.
Is Trading CS:GO Skins Profitable?
Receiving benefits of making a good profit or deal in the CS:GO skin trading market depends on a combination of some factors, for example, even if you have good skin, will be the people excited to buy it? Or if the market changes, the price can go low in a couple of days.
Even so, you can find some scams websites, or fees that can make your trade complicated. The best way to make profitable results in your trading CS:GO skins deals is learning, planning, and approaching every good opportunity you see in the market.