If an account is verified by Twitter, you will see a blue badge in front of the account name. The advantage is that people know that this certain account belongs to an authentic person is not fake. Usually, you find this blue badge for the government official accounts and celebrity accounts. Therefore, if you belong to any of these groups, you can get your Twitter account verified. These groups include;
- Companies, Non-profit organizations and brand
- Journalists and news organizations
- Entertainment channels
- Sports and esports
- Any influential person, an activist, actor, actress and organizer, etc.
Famousfollower can help you gain more followers on your account and get more likes on your tweets. Thus, by using this platform, you can get your tweets noticed by others and boost up your favorites. Click here if you want to attract more people to your posts.
If you want to hold a verified account on Twitter, you need to apply for it.
Is it really necessary?
If you want to gain followers on your account and wish to become a celebrity, you will need it. Besides confirming your identity, this verification badge helps you to gain popularity and fans. For instance, your profile is not verified and you are using a general one, there will be fake ones too. No one will know who the real celebrity is. Thus, your fans will be divided into different accounts and you won’t be much of an influencer on the platform.
Apart from bringing you a celebrity like feeling, having more followers is far more beneficial for you. If you have the blue badge of verification, people will eventually follow you. Consequently, you will gain more followers and become a bit popular.
What will happen next? Of course, you might get some brand endorsement offer and you can actually earn money through this. All you have to do is to promote some brand and get the endorsement fee from them. Furthermore, you will also have that celebrity-like feeling.
How to apply for verification?
Applying for Twitter verification is not that difficult as you might think. The social media platform has updated its policy and now it’s quite simple to apply. All you have to do is to update your information. Furthermore, you have to verify your email address and phone number too.
In addition to this, you will be asked to fill up a form. Thus, you will write down your complete details and request consideration to become a verified user. Therefore, all of your provided information should be authentic.
Step by step guide for account verification
Getting the blue checkmark badge against your account will definitely boost up your confidence. So here is a step by step guide.
- Complete your profile information. To do so, you will have to put your profile picture, cover photo and name.
- In addition to this, you will also have to write down about yourself in the “bio section”. Furthermore, you will also have to provide your website.
- Afterward, you will have to provide the right phone number and email address. This information should be authentic because you will get a confirmation message and mail.
- Now write down your birthday.
- You will also have to change the tweet settings to public.
- The last step is to visit the verification form provided by the platform.
Note: If you have a business profile and you are verifying your personal account against that business profile, you will also have to provide the picture of your national ID card. If not, you will have to provide a picture of your passport or driver’s license.
Factors that determine the verification approval
Certain elements impact Twitter’s decision to verify the account. Contrary to the authentic information, the “account being of public interest” is the most important factor. So what comes under the category of “Public interests”? Of course, it does mean that the account holder should be an organization or a public figure belonging to:
- Music sector
- Film filed
- Fashion industry
- Governmental officials and organizations
- Political persons and parties
- Religious personalities and organizations
- Journalism field
- Media industry
- Sports sector
- Business groups and persons
And some other people belonging to the key interest areas. Therefore, if you wish to get the blue checkmate badge on your account, you must ensure you cover the criteria. If you have thousands of followers and belong to some specific group of public interest, you will get the badge.
The decision is made by Twitter after careful considerations. Therefore, even if you do not belong to the above-mentioned categories, you still have hope.
Besides these requirements, you also need an active account, which adheres to the Twitter rules. These rules include;
A complete account – Your account should be complete. This means that it has a profile name, profile picture and a cover photo.
- Active Use – You should be actively using the account that is account should be logged in in the past 6 months.
Security – Your account must be secured with a confirmed and verified email address and phone number.
- Twitter rules – The account must not have violated any of the Twitter rules and got locked-out in the past 6 months. Besides, you should not have a 7-day lockout or 12-hour lockout for violating Twitter rules. Furthermore, it excludes successful appeals.
Certain categories are ineligible to get a verification badge. These include;
- Fan, parody and commentary accounts
- Fictional characters and pets unless affiliated directly with some brand
- Accounts that have been involved in severe violations of the spam policy
- The accounts involved in hateful content and harmful activities
In case of verification failure
If you fail to get the verification from the platform because of some trivial matter, you will have another chance. This failure will give you the chance to get the right information correctly. Thus, you will know what to provide and what not. Afterward, you can try again in 30 days.