Playing table games at online casinos is always exciting. However, you need to know everything about every single game before placing the first bet. There are a few important things to learn if you’re a newcomer and want to have fun at reddogcasino.com. First, it is important to know the odds of every single title. Second, going forward, you need to check the potential payout of every game. Lastly, you need to learn how to play a certain game.
Table games are different when it comes to the level of difficulty. Some require years of active gameplay to be professional, while others are simpler than you can imagine. Online casinos run their businesses in order to make money. It means that games shouldn’t be complicated as they would limit possibilities for profit. If you are not sure which table game is suitable for you, be sure to check this review and reveal the games from the easiest to more complex options.
Roulette – Easiest
Roulette is one of the most popular table games both for newcomers and experienced users. It doesn’t require any strategy or skill, and you just need some practice and basic math knowledge. Learning the odds of every bet and managing your bankroll smartly will make your experience even better.
The first version of online roulette appeared in the 18th century. The initial wheel was created by the famous French mathematician Blaise Pascal. Even the word roulette comes from France and indicates a “little wheel.” The game was popular in Paris starting in 1796 and spread across the European and North American territories.
When we speak about roulette rules, they are pretty straightforward. The gaming wheel consists of several pockets, and every number is placed either in a red or black position. Players should predict where on the roulette wheel the ball will fall after the dealer twists the wheel. Players have an opportunity to place additional bets before the dealer announces “no more bets.”
If you choose an online roulette version, you have full control over the wheel. It means that you can double-check every bet before spinning and wait to see the result of every round. Before playing a paid version of the game, you can find a free one to familiarize yourself with the basic options.
Playing online roulette is simple, but you also need to know which type to choose. The most frequent variations of the game are:
- American: This variation is the most popular globally as it includes numbers from 1-36 and single zero. It reduces the house edge and increases the winning odds. Betting on any digit on the wheel gives a 35:1 payout.
- European: This variation is the most popular in the globe as it includes numbers from 1-36 and single zero. It reduces the house edge and increases the winning odds. Betting on any digit on the wheel gives a 35:1 payout.
- French: It is similar to European variation with the same number of pockets. However, this type includes two additional rules – en prison and la partage. En prison rule points that if you place a bet on even/odd and the ball arrives on zero, the dealer puts your wager “in prison.” Only if you win the next spin, you receive the bet back. If you lose, the house will take your bet. La partage indicates that you will lose only half of the bet if the ball arrives on the zero.
Players can also find additional versions such as:
- Multi-Wheel Roulette: With this version, you can spin up to six wheels at an identical time, and the odds are better than usual.
- Multi-Ball Roulette: It includes up to three balls that spin at an identical time. It is possible to place additional bets to follow additional balls, and your winnings will be split based on the number of used balls.
- Mini-Roulette: It only includes numbers from 1-12 and the single zero.
- Spingo: It combines elements of bingo and roulette. Here you will find numbers from 1-10 and three different colors.
- Live Speed Roulette: This is the fast version of the game where every round takes only 25 seconds.
When it comes to possible bets, customers can place inside or outside wagers. Outside bets are possible on groups of numbers, and they pay less. On the other hand, inside bets are made on the numbers with higher risk and increased payouts. Outside bets include the following:
- Column Bet with 2:1 payout
- Dozen Bet with 2:1 payout
- Even/Odd Bet with 1:1 payout
- Red/Black with 1:1 payout
- Low/High with 1:1 payout
As for inside bets, you can choose from the following options:
- Straight up with 35:1 payout
- Split Bet with 17:1 payout
- Street Bet with 11:1 payout
- Corner Bet with 8:1 payout
- Double Street with 5:1 payout
If you are a beginner at an online casino, it would be best to start with online roulette. The game is simple to learn, but it is also exciting and profitable. To collect some winnings, you should rather place bets on black/red than numbers. It will result in a 50% winning chance, and you will quickly get comfortable with the rules.
Blackjack – More Difficult
Blackjack is another popular table game with simple rules. If you choose the option, you will play against the house instead of other players. The goal is to have a total card value as close to 21 as possible while having a better result than the dealer. At the same time, you shouldn’t overcome the target number, which is called busting. A perfect hand can be made with only two cards – Ace with a face card or 10.
When playing blackjack, you need to learn more about the values of every card. Aces equal 11 or 1, while jacks, queens, and kings equal 10. All other cards have different face values. To win a real money blackjack, you should be a player with a hand closest to 21. A natural blackjack occurs when you have an ace with a 10/face card.
Blackjack tables usually include a minimum bet, so you need to place a bet which meets the minimum requirement. From that moment, you can raise the bet, fold or stand with every new gaming round. Blackjack uses a typical 52-card pack.
Real money blackjack is available in different shapes and sizes. You will typically find the following versions of the game:
- American Blackjack: This is the usual type of blackjack, available at online and land-based casinos. It is different from European Blackjack regarding the moment when the dealer receives a hole card.
- Vegas Strip Blackjack: This variant is played across the Las Vegas Strip, known for big hotels and casino resorts.
- European Blackjack: It is identical to American, but the dealer doesn’t receive the hole card before a player decides the next step.
- Blackjack Switch: It is played in the same way as the standard blackjack. The only exception is that players receive two hands to play the game separately. It is also possible to swap the second dealt cards.
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs: It works like a real money blackjack version and as a regular side bet. As part of this version, every player has to place a perfect pairs bet with the original bet. Once 2 cards are dealt to the dealer and player, the perfect pair bet is done, and the game can continue in the standard mode.
When it comes to the course of the game, you need to familiarize yourself with each phase. First, you should place a bet and receive your cards. A dealer will distribute two cards to the player and show one hard from his hand. Once you receive the cards, you can double the size of your bet before you decide to hit or stand. It is also possible to split the bet if you have received two cards of identical value.
If you wish additional card, just press the hit button. The total result of your hand shouldn’t exceed 21 if you want to remain in the game. As soon as you are ready to play, just click stand, and the dealer will show their hidden card. You will win the round if the combined value of the cards is higher than the dealer’s value. You will lose in case of lower results compared to the dealer. The same happens if the total score exceeds 21.
When playing blackjack, you can apply certain tips and increase your winning chances. Check them out below:
- Get to know the basic strategy: The easiest way to learn the basic strategy is by checking the basic strategy chart, which shows you when to hit, stand or surrender.
- Hit if you have 8 or less: The total score of eight or less indicates that you should always hit.
- Avoid splitting certain pairs: It includes 4s, 5s, or 10s as they don’t provide big winning chances.
- Avoid standing on certain numbers: If the dealer has cards totaling 7 or more, avoid standing if you have cards with a combined value of 12-16.
- Stay away from insurance: With this strategy, you will only lose the chips without having good odds.
As you can see rules of the blackjack game are a bit complicated, especially for beginners. That’s why you need to learn the basic strategy of the game before placing the first bets. However, you can easily become a professional blackjack player with regular practice and patience and get the most out of it.
Video Poker – More Complex
Video poker is a widely known table game that provides an exhilarating and enjoyable adventure to all customers. The game is perfect for skilled gamblers who are already familiar with the basic rules. In addition, it offers better odds compared to slots games which are played on similar machines.
Video poker originally emerged in the 1970s as an alternative to classic poker. Over the following years, it has become an option at almost all land-based venues. Today you can find different versions of video poker, with slightly different payouts and rules. The goal of the game is to form a hand that will qualify for the payout.
The game is based on 5-card draw poker. It starts as soon as you place a bet and press the deal button. Then, you will receive 5 cards with the task to create the best possible hand. In the next step, you can choose to swap any of the cards or all of them in order to get a winning combination.
When playing at an online casino, the computer will determine whether you hold a winning hand. In case of a positive result, you will receive the payout according to the paytable. You should know that cards in video poker are randomly dealt thanks to the inclusion of the Random Number Generator. The winning hands in the game are the following:
- Royal Flush: If you hold a Ten, a Jack, a Queen, a King, and an Ace of the identical suit
- Straight Flush: It includes five successive cards of the identical suit.
- Four of a Kind: It consists of 4 cards of the identical value
- Full House: It contains a pair and a 3 of a kind.
- Flush: it contains any 5 cards of the identical suit, independent of the order
- Straight: It is created by any 5 cards of successive value
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- Jacks or Better
Apart from getting familiar with winning hands, it is important to check paytables for every winning combination. The paytable represents a chart where you can check the rank of winning hands and their payouts. The potential payouts are based on the quality of your hands, their value, and the variation of the game.
If you place a minimum number of coins, you will have a chance to get the lowest payouts when matching a successful hand. By placing 5 coins, which is usually the maximum bet, you will have a chance to receive the highest payout if you form a winning hand. For example, the simplest version of video poker, Jacks or Better, pays evenly – if you wager 1 coin, you will claim 1 coin. However, if you place a max bet with 5 coins, you will also get the same amount. The best payouts are reserved for Royal Flush, which pays 250, 500, 750, 1000, and 4000 when playing with 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 coins, respectively.
Video poker players should also familiarize themselves with available game variations and find more about the house edge. Generally speaking, the casino or house always has an advantage, and players just need to find the game version with the lowest house edge possible. Be sure to check some of the following variations of video poker:
- Jacks or Better: This is the most common variation of video poker, played with 52 cards. It is based on the rules of 5-card poker, and players receive five cards after every draw. You can win with the lowest hand – Jacks or Better and the return to player rate is 96,54%.
- Tens or Better: It is based on the rules of Jacks or Better, with one difference. The lowest hand which pays out is a pair of Tens instead of Jacks or Better. It also belongs to 6/5 variations of games, and payouts for Full House and Flush are 6x and 5x the bet.
- Aces and Eights: It is another version of the game which follows the rules of Jacks or Better. It uses a single card deck, and payouts are typical. For example, if you have 4 Aces or 4 Eights, you will receive 400 coins when placing the max bet with 5 coins. It also includes a double or nothing bonus round.
- Deuces Wild: This is one of the favorite variations for players. All Twos are wild cards which is the main difference from other versions. Payouts start with 3 of a Kind, and wild cards can support you in getting a Royal Flush.
Baccarat – Hardest Table Game
Baccarat is another exciting table game of chance. It comes with simple rules and slow action, with no skills required. It is also known for the best possible odds in the market. As part of the game, you should only guess whose hand will be winning– the Banker’s or the Player’s one. Additionally, you can also predict a tie result and hope for the best. A winning hand is the one that has the highest value out of nine points.
As soon as you start the game, you will see anything between 3-14 seats for players at the baccarat table. Every player will see three betting areas for Banker, Player, or Tie. The dealer has the main role in the game, and they distribute cards while standing in front of players. The dealer also takes a 5% commission on the winning hands of the Banker.
When it comes to card values in baccarat, you need to know that calculation differs from other games. Nine is the highest possible score, and other cards have the following value:
- Face cards and Tens have zero value.
- Number cards are worth 2-9, depending on their face value.
- Aces equal one point.
If the value of the hand reaches a double-digit number, the second digit will represent the value of the hand. For instance, 12 equals 2 and 13 equals 3. The bet which is closest to nine will win.
When playing baccarat, you should also follow certain phases and make the most out of the experience. Here you can see the useful steps:
- Determine your budget: If you have set a budget for betting purposes, you should stick to it and don’t place additional bets if you cannot afford them.
- Place a wager: You can choose one of the three possible bets – banker, player, or tie.
- Know the rules of the round: You need to know that two cards will be dealt for every possible hand.
- Know everything about winning hand: After dealing of the hands, the winning one will be the closest to 9.
Baccarat rules point that player always acts first. The Banker’s hand will depend on the Player’s. If a player has 8 or 9 points, it represents a natural win and no extra cards will be available. The Player’s hand stands. At the same time, the Player’s hand will always stand on 6 or 7 total value. If the total value of the score is 5 or less, a player draws the third card. However, this only happens if the banker doesn’t have 8 or 9.
If you are interested in the baccarat game, you can check some of the following versions:
- 3 Card Baccarat: It includes a 52-card deck, and every round starts when the dealer distributes 3 cards to players and themselves. The hand consisting of 3 face cards is the best, and the nine score is the second-best. In the case of a tie, a hand that consists of more face cards will win.
- Baccarat Banque: It includes 3 decks with similar rules to Chemin de Fer. Both options allow players to act as the bank. The player who wins will have a role of the bank in the following round.
- Chemin de Fer: This version is popular in France, and players are also allowed to have a bank role. It is usually played on large tables which host up to 14 players, and you will find it at VIP areas.
- Mini Baccarat: As one of the most popular variations, Mini-Baccarat is fully managed by the dealer, and other players don’t have a role in the bank. It is played at a small table with up to seven players. It is a simple version with fast action.
- Punto Banco: It works in the same way as Mini Baccarat. The dealer has the main role while the players only place wagers. However, here you will see three dealers instead of one in the Mini version.