Today we will tell you today is national what day. At its November 2011 General Assembly, UNESCO proclaimed April 30 as an annual International Jazz Day.
For the sages of the learned assembly, it is above all a matter of sensitizing the international community to the virtues of jazz as an educational tool, as a force for peace, unity, dialogue and reinforced cooperation between peoples.
International Jazz Day April 30
Let’s remind them that jazz is first and foremost the musical expression of a whole people…
The information contained in the United Nations website about this day is certainly interesting, but they do not really seem to take account of it, seeing especially in this mode of expression a vector of freedom of expression and a symbol of unity and of peace!
- It breaks down barriers and creates opportunities for mutual understanding and tolerance
- It reduces tensions between individuals, groups and communities
- It promotes gender equality
- It reinforces the role of young people for social change
- It encourages artistic innovation, improvisation, new forms of expression, and the integration of traditional musical forms into new
- It stimulates intercultural dialogue and values young people from marginal backgrounds.
The list you have just read is taken from the United Nations website.
This is not reason enough to sulk our pleasure. When you leave this page, go quickly listen to jazz. And good!