Today we will tell you today is national what day. No big cause to defend, no event to organize, no dress of rigor. Nothing. The third Monday of the year is marked by depression which is called Blue Monday.
Blue Monday January 16
The most depressing day of the year
Without wanting to plumb the atmosphere (it does not need it …), imagine that people who reflect (no doubt), realized that it was the most depressing of the year.
More serious, this date was determined “scientifically” in 2005 by psychologist Cliff Arnall, a university professor practicing in Wales, precisely in Cardiff.
A scientifically determined date!
With strong equations using different factors, he determined that the most depressing day of the year met the following criteria:
- It is necessarily a Monday, the first day of the work week.
- Rather towards the end of the month, but not too much, when the wage has not yet fallen.
- When finances are at their lowest after the holiday season expenses.
- When Christmas is already far away and the New Year’s resolutions almost forgotten.
- When the weather is winter.
Well, that said, it would not be the first time a professor tells us nonsense. So you do not have to take it seriously. Happy New Year, it’s not too late.